Call Office: 281-474-2586 After Hours: 281-615-6057 Repair Yard: 281-474-2588
June 29, 2022
Here are some essential tips what to do before and after a hurricane, including a checklist for both occurrences. You also need to make sure your boat is secure. Check out Seabrook Marina Hurricane tips and hurricane preparedness for your boat.
We urge you to plan for this upcoming hurricane season. You should also be reminded that all official emergency information will be broadcast on the Official Emergency Broadcast Station, which is KTRH 740 AM.
1. ENTER EACH HURRICANE SEASON PREPARED. Every June through November, recheck your supply of boards, tools, batteries, nonperishable foods, and the other equipment you will need if a hurricane strikes your town.
2. WHEN YOU HEAR THE FIRST TROPICAL CYCLONE ADVISORY, listen for future messages. This will prepare you for a hurricane emergency well in advance of the issuance of watches and warnings.
3. WHEN YOUR AREA IS COVERED BY A HURRICANE WATCH, continue normal activities, staying tuned to radio or television for all National Weather Service advisories. Remember, a hurricane watch means possible danger within 24 hours; if the danger materializes, a hurricane warning will be issued.
MEANWHILE, KEEP ALERT. IGNORE RUMORS.
4. WHEN YOUR AREA RECEIVES A HURRICANE WARNING, PLAN YOUR TIME before the storm arrives and avoid the last-minute hurry which leaves you marooned or unprepared.
5. WHEN THE HURRICANE HAS PASSED, continue to take precautions.
NOTE: This information is not intended to be used to make life or death decisions. As you know, if you have studied past hurricanes, they seldom maintain constant course and speed. Please don't use this program to predict a storm's path. Instead, please follow the advice of your local authorities. It's always better to be safe than sorry. The Seabrook Marina wants to keep you around as a customer for a long time!
University of Florida IFAS publication "Hurricane Preparedness for Boat Owners" (PDF)
A Boater's Guide to Preparing Boats and Marinas for Hurricanes by BoatUS (PDF)
5 Tips For Storm Coverage For Your Boat
Download your own list - '5 Essential Hurricane Tips'
Takeaway: “Be prepared”
Boy Scouts of America Motto
March 22, 2023
Marina Office & Slip Rentals: 281-474-2586
After Hours: 281-615-6057
Services & Repair Yard Office: 281-474-2588
1900 Shipyard Drive, Seabrook Texas 77586
Designed by Veronica Jeans
© 2023 Seabrook Marina.
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
Powered by Shopify